Configuring Microsoft exchange 2010 for InTouch
This document describes how to configure a transport rule in Microsoft Exchange 2010 to automatically forward emails to InTouch depending on keyboards in the subject field.
These actions require admin rights to the exchange 2010 server.
Create Transport Rule in Microsoft Exchange 2010
Open 'Exchange Management Console'.
Expand the 'Exchange Tree', expand 'Organization Configuration', select 'Transport Rules' in the central pane, and in the far-right 'Actions' section select 'New Transport Rule'.
Enter a name for the transport rule. This can be anything you like, but we suggest 'Send email to InTouch'. Ensure 'Enable Rule' is ticked and click 'Next'.
Check the box that says 'when the Subject field contains specific words', and in the lower pane click the link that says 'specific word'.
- Enter 'ITR:' in the 'Words:' text field, click the 'Add' button, and click the 'OK' button.
- Click 'Next'.
- Under 'Actions', check the box for 'Blind carbon copy (Bcc) the message to addresses' and in the bottom panel click the link for 'addresses'.
- Click the dropdown button next to 'Add…' and click 'External E-Mail Address…'.
- In the pop up window, enter email@example.com in the 'E-mail address:' field, Click 'OK', and click 'OK' again on the previous window.
- Click 'Next' on the Exceptions window.
- Click 'New' and wait a few seconds whilst Exchange adds the new rule.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the process.