Configuring Microsoft exchange 2013 for InTouch
This document describes how to configure a transport rule in Microsoft Exchange 2013 to automatically forward emails to InTouch depending on keyboards in the subject field.
These actions require admin rights to the exchange 2013 server.
Create Transport Rule in Microsoft Exchange 2013
Login to your Microsoft Exchange 2013 admin panel with a valid Exchange administrator account - https://exchangeServerName/ecp/
Click on the 'mail flow' link in the left column and ensure 'rules' is selected in the central pane.
- Click the '+' icon and select 'Create a new rule…'.
- In the new rule window click 'More options…' at the bottom of the window.
- Enter a name for the transport rule. This can be anything you like but we suggest 'Send email to InTouch'.
- Under the dropdown menu for '*Apply this rule if…', select 'The subject or body…' and when the sub-menu appears select 'subject matches these text patterns'.
- A new window will appear. Enter 'ITR:*' in the text field, press the '+' icon and then click 'OK'.
- Under the '*Do the following…' dropdown menu, select 'Add recipients...', under the sub-menu select 'to the Bcc box' and then click the 'Select people…' link to the right of the drop-down menu.
- In the new window that pops up enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the 'check names' text field, click on the 'check names' button and then click 'OK'.
- Finally, at the bottom of the new rule window click 'Save'.