Deleting a matter
To delete a Matter from your firm's account and remove it from your reporting history, follow the below steps;
- Enter Matters
- Enter the relevant Matter.
- In the top-left corner, beneath the State subheading, change the drop down list to read Mark as Aborted (Only aborted Matters can be deleted).
- Enter your reason for aborting in the new modal window and then click Confirm.
- A message within a red banner across the top of your screen will now read; "This matter has been aborted because reason for aborting here. You may delete this matter to remove it from your reporting history".
- Click on delete this matter.
- In the new modal window, enter the Matter's reference in the text field and then click Confirm to finish.
Delete Matters Permission
Only a user with the Delete Matters permission is able to complete the above process. Upon clicking Confirm on step 7, an error message will read "You cannot delete this matter because you do not have the Delete Matters permission".
By default, all new staff members are given the Delete Matters permission.
If you wish to amend a staff member's permission settings, please refer to this help article for assistance.