Recording a receivable
Receivables are amounts to be charged to your client i.e. Fees & Disbursements.
You should record receivables like memos so you never forget to charge your Client.
To record a receivable
- Navigate to the relevant matter
- Within the Accounts tab, select "+" on the Receivables tab
- If you have Receivable Templates set up, choose from one of your prepared templates
- If not using a template, choose the correct supplierSelect a third party supplier if raising a disbursement or keep as your organisation if raising a fee.
- Enter the details of the receivable i.e. “Legal Fee”
- Select an account to record the receivable against i.e. “Sales”
- Enter the amount for the receivableIf you are pasting this number from an external system, InTouch will automatically remove any unnecessary symbols such as '£' signs.
- Select the correct Tax Rate i.e. 20%
- Choose whether the amount provided includes tax
- Create Receivable
An outstanding receivable will be created, which you can take action on.