Matters have two distinct sections:
- Matter Details on the left
- Matter Actions on the right
The left hand side of the matter details:
- The matter state
- Any pinned custom fields
- Any linked mattersA matter is automatically linked if it has the same primary stakeholder.
- The matter address
- The Stakeholders involved in the transaction, categorised by type
- The Fee Earner assigned to the matter
The settings cog on the right hand side of the matter allows you to:
- Edit Reference - Update the reference of the Matter
- Edit Sticky Note - Add or edit a note which will be pinned to the top of the Matter
- Add Alarm - Manually add an alarm to the Matter
- Place on hold - Place the Matter on hold
- Change Matter Template - Change the matter template
- Export Matter - Export the data and files saved to the Matter as a .zip file
Each matter will have a number of different tabs available, which allow you to perform certain actions.
Provides a list of tasks associated with the Matter.
Through the Settings Cog on each task you're able to:
- Amber Traffic Light - Manually add an amber alert to the Matter
- Red Traffic Light - Manually add a red alert to the Matter
- Rename - Edit the name of the task
- Not Applicable - Mark the task as not applicable to the matterMarking a task as non applicable minimises the task on the workflow, removes any traffic light settings and hides the task within the Stakeholder Portal.
- Delete - Remove the task from the MatterOnly certain users will have permission to delete tasks from a Matter.
- Visible to - Manually change which Stakeholders can see this task within their Portal
- Private - Manually change the task so it's not visible in anyone's Portal
You're also able to:
- + Add - Add a new task to the workflow in a chosen position, either from a template or manually.
- Change the way tasks are displayed once completed
If a task is collapsed, you can expand it again by clicking on it.
- Collapse completed: once completed, the task is shown in a more compact state
- Collapse all: all tasks are shown in a more compact state
- Expand all: all tasks are shown in their expanded state
- Re-order Tasks - Allows you to manually re-order the tasks on the workflow
- Reset Tasks - Allows you to reset the tasks on the workflow
A place to record any notes or telephone calls associated with the matter. They are then available for your team to view and are ordered by date of entry.
A single place for all of your matter documents and emails, with a fast search box
A place to store any information collected through the transaction. Any data collected via your form widgets will automatically save back to the relevant custom field.
A place to order your searches on the matter, from one of our integrated search providers
A place to record any time spent on the matter which is to be charged to your Stakeholders.
A place to manage your Client accounting, directly on the Matter