Emails on a matter
Generating emails on a matter
- Navigate to a matter
- Within the Docs/Email tab, select Email
- Choose the required email template or 'no template' if you'd prefer a blank page
- Select the recipient
- Enter the required information in the fields provided
Customising emails on a matter
Once an email template's been generated you have the ability to:
- Enter any additional email content
- Add further recipients using the To, CC or BCC fieldsSuggested recipients will be provided in a drop down list. These are categorised by the stakeholders associated with the matter, default addresses configured within the email template and contacts within your organisation.
- Rename the Subject
- Change who the email is sent from. This can be:
Changing the sender will remove any email content. Ensure you copy the email first before amending the sender.
- The user logged into InTouch
- The Fee Earner associated to the matter
- Add any attachments to the email
Saving emails as drafts
If you wish to save an email as a draft:
- Click the down arrow next to the send button
- Select Save as Draft
The email will be saved in the Docs/Email tab and can be amended / sent when ready.
Finding emails on a matter
To filter your matters Folder by emails only, on the left hand side of the Folder tab under 'Filter by Type' select 'Emails'. This will temporarily remove any other correspondence type.
You can also filter your emails by those including a particular stakeholder type. On the left hand side of the Folder tab under 'Filter by emails including' select your chosen stakeholder type. This will only find emails which include that stakeholder in either the 'To' or 'From' field.
Assigning emails for review
If you wish to assign someone to review an email:
- Select the review icon next to the email
- Choose the user to be notified of your review
- Include a message, if required
- Choose whether to send an email notification