Automatically creating receivables
Receivables can be automatically created on a matter in three ways:
- On completion of a quotation calculator
- Through ordering a search
- When raising a time recording entry
Receivables can be automatically added to a matter when a quotation calculator is completed:
- Navigate to Settings > Form Widgets
- Select Edit on the relevant Quote Calculator
- Navigate to the Quote step
- Select Edit on the fee you would like to automatically generate into a receivableYou can do this for as many fees as you like.
- At the bottom of the fee, tick Automatically create a receivable
- Select the Account type you would like the receivable created against
The next time the quote calculator is completed and the fee is applicable, a corresponding receivable will be raised on the matter.
Ordering a search
Receivables can be automatically generated when a search is ordered through one of our integrated partners:
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Search Integrations
- Choose to create receivables in the relevant account
- Select the correct Tax Option to determine whether VAT should be recorded separately or included in the total
The next time a search is ordered on a matter, a supplier receivable will be created and allocated against the search provider.
Time recording entries can be automatically converted to receivables:
- When creating a new time recording, ensure Chargeable to Client is selected
- Within the time recording tab on the matter, select + Create Receivables
- Select which line item(s) you wish to convert to a receivable
- Optional: allocate the receivable against a supplier
- Select the Account the receivable should be raised against
- Create Receivable
The receivable will be raised within the accounts tab on the matter, and the time recording entry is no longer marked as outstanding.