Client invoice actions
Depending on the status of your invoice, there are numerous actions you can take via the invoices 'Actions' menu.
- Approve: Converts a draft invoice to approved
- Edit: Allows you to edit the details of the invoice
- Void: Allows you to void the invoice
- Payments and Refunds: Records a transaction against the invoice and updates the ledger & Xero accordingly.
- New payment: to record a payment from the office account.
- Pay from client account: to record a payment from the client account.
- Credit note: to apply a full or partial credit note against a receivable(s) on the invoice.
- Select the line item you'd like to apply a credit to
- Choose the account you'd like the credit note recorded against
- Input the amount of the credit
- View PDF: To view a PDF copy of the invoice.
- View invoice on Xero: To be directed to the invoice within Xero.
- Void: Allows you to void the invoice.
- You cannot void an invoice if payments or credit notes have been recorded against it. You must remove these first.
- The corresponding receivables must then be void separately.
Removing Payments & Credit Notes
- Navigate to the 'Actions' menu next to the invoice
- Select Payments & Refunds
- Navigate to the 'Actions' menu next to the relevant transaction